Eligible participating organisations
All participating Programme Country organisations (both sending and receiving) must be HEIs awarded with an ECHE. All Partner Country organisations must be HEIs recognised by competent authorities and have signed inter-institutional agreements with their Programme Country partners before the mobility takes place.
In the case of mobility between Programme Countries, the sending organisation must be a HEI awarded with an ECHE.
In the case of mobility between Programme and Partner Countries, the sending organisation must be a Programme Country HEI awarded with an ECHE or a Partner Country HEI recognised by competent authorities that has signed inter-institutional agreements with their Programme Country partners before the mobility takes place.
The receiving organisation can be23:
o any public or private organisation active in the labour market or in the fields of education, training and youth. For example, such organisation can be:
– a public or private, a small, medium or large enterprise (including social enter- prises);
– a public body at local, regional or national level;
– a social partner or other representative of working life, including chambers of commerce, craft/professional associations and trade unions;
– a research institute;
– a foundation;
– a school/institute/educational centre (at any level, from pre-school to upper secondary education, and including vocational education and adult education);
o a non-profit organisation, association, NGO;
o a body providing career guidance, professional counselling and information services;
o a Programme Country HEI awarded with an ECHE.
Duration of the activity
|Study periods: from 324 to 12 months (including a complementary traineeship period, if planned).
Traineeships: from 2 to 12 months.
The same student may participate in mobility periods totalling up to 12 months25 maximum per each cycle of study26, independently of the number and type of mobility activities. Participation with a zero-grant from EU funds counts as well towards this maximum duration :
* during the first study cycle (Bachelor or equivalent) including the short-cycle (EQF levels 5 and 6);
* during the second study cycle (Master or equivalent – EQF level 7); and
* during the third cycle as doctoral candidate (doctoral level or EQF level 8).
The duration of a traineeship by recent graduates counts towards the 12 months maximum of the cycle during which they apply for the traineeship.
Venue(s) of the activity
|Students must carry out their mobility activity in a Programme or Partner Country different from the country of the sending organisation and the country where the student has his/her accommodation during his/her studies27.|
|Students registered in a HEI and enrolled in studies leading to a recognised degree or another recognised tertiary level qualification (up to and including the level of doctorate). In case of mobility for studies, the student must be enrolled at least in the second year of higher education studies. For traineeships, this condition does not apply.
Recent higher education graduates may participate in a traineeship between Programme Countries. Recent graduates must be selected by their HEI during their last year of study, and must carry out and complete their traineeship abroad within one year of obtaining their graduation.